450 TONS PER DAY
OLD CORRUGATED CARTON (OCC) LINE
A – Z OPERATION
1991 – 2006 – 2008 – 2010
Shut Down in 2010
VOITH Fourdrinier, 196” WIDE, 160” TRIM AT THE REEL PAPER MACHINE.
Air-pad design with dual holey rolls 172″ pond width / 12,650 GPM. designed for 450 TPD on grades ranging from 19#- 85# (1000 ream) using 100% recycled fiber. Maximum trim at reel is 160″. Maximum machine speed is 2000 fpm.
NOTE: Major redesign/rebuild in 1991- replaced front wall and jet delivery to allow for higher machine speeds .Also installed modem tube bundle design for approach flow at that time. All frame work is stainless steel or stainless steel clad.
TAMPELLA PRESS SECTION (1991)
Two press configuration with Suction Pick-Up off of wire and Suction Transfer from 15t press to 2nd press. 151 press is composed of two blind-drilled rolls with 1000PLI loading capacity. 2nd press is a LNP with a loading capacity of2000PLI. Each of the four felt runs is equipped with dual suction boxes. Frame work mild steel with the exceptions of cross machine supports being stainless steel clad
DRYER SECTIONS (1966/1990)
Three dryer sections (open gear) with a total of 45 (60″) Sandy Hill cans. All cans were casted in 1990 with n ASME pressure code rating of 150psi.
NOTE: All dryer bearings, gears, rotary joints and siphons were replaced in the 1990, with new anti-friction system when the new cans were installed, in addition to replacing approx. 30% of framework. All framework is mild steel1st dryer section – 13 cans – top & bottom felted
2nd dryer section – 16 cans – top & bottom felted, 3rd dryer section – 16 cans – top & bottom felted.
DRYER HOOD (1990)
Enerquin hood system – fully enclosed, completely re-skinned (2008), pocket ventilation and hot-air make-up systems. Four dryer hood exhaust fans and ductwork.
Manchester king & queen calendar stack. 650PLI REEL DRUM
Black Clawson 36″ Autoflyte Super reel drum with vented groves and roll cooling.
Beloit two drum winder Model – M24 172″ max trim 75″ max diameter
5500 fpm max speed. GE DC drives (new 2006) 400HP regen (2) 200HP drum drives. (2) touch screen GE HMI’s and safety controls systems.
STOCK PREPARATION OVERVIEW
HIGH DENSITY CLEANERS
Black Clawson Model 20 HDC’s, complete system with its own superstructure.
- 18′ Black Clawson Pulper / Junk Tower
- Vokes rotor & #3 Black Clawson Gearbox with 400HP motor
- Black Clawson HydraPurge 2 & feed module
- Black Clawson HydraPurge 3
- Black Clawson M-14 Ragger
- (2) drum screens handling rejects
- (2) Black Clawson Model 20 cyclone cleaners
- Primary Stage (2) Ahlstrom F3 screens
- Secondary Stage (1) Ahlstrom F3 screens
- Tertiary Stage (1) Ahlstrom Fl screen
- THROUGH- FLOW CLEANERS
- Celleco Hedemora CDP Centerdisk Save All (13,500 LPM)
- (2) Black Clawson Hydraseive Banks – 3 units in each bank
- (7) Bauer Side Hill screens Model 552
- Primary Stage – (2) 34″ Sprout Bauer TwinFlo refiners (600HP ea.)
- Secondary Stage – (1) 34″ Sprout Bauer TwinFlo refiner (600HP)
- Secondary Machine Screen – Black Clawson 24PH
- Primary Machine Screen – Bird Escher Wyss Model 40
- (6) Siemens ELMO-F pumps (6000 CFM each)
- (3) Nash CL-6002 pumps (6000 CFM each)
- Marley Cooling Tower model 3500
- (11) separator & pumps
Complete NASH Vacuum System
- Nebraska water-tube boiler (1991) 65,OOOlbs/hr 350PSI
- Coen Flame Safety system- Coen Burner (natural gas fuel)
- Clever Brooks water-tube boiler (1990) 60,000lbs/hr 260PSI
- Coen Flame Safety system – Cleaver Brooks burner (natural gas)
PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- DCS – Standard Automation MATRIX System (2006)
- QCS – Panther (2007)
- 18′ Krofta Supercell
- 12′ DAF Clarifier
- (3) banks of Ronning en-Peter filters (F-Series)
- bank AES filters model 5751
- AES VA-Gravity Filter model 4500
WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM
- (2) SullAir compressors (200HP each)
- BRIDGE CRANES
- OMI (2007) 3 Hoist crane – 4Oton capacity
- 40ton hoist – (2) 20ton hoists
- Anchor (2003) 2 Hoist crane – 30ton capacity
- 20ton hoists
- Shepard Niles (1983) (1) Hoist – 25ton capacity